Who we are
Our website address is: http://localhost/vernikos.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
CUSTOMER PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
At Naxos Finest, we prioritize the protection of your personal data as part of our general philosophy to aim for the highest possible customer satisfaction and to build strong relations of trust.
We understand the importance of your personal data and make every possible effort to store and process the information you share with us with utmost care.
At Naxos Finest, we enhance the protection of your personal data by implementing technical data security measures and internal management procedures, as well as physical data protection measures. We continuously evolve our systems and procedures in order to stand out in relation to others.
We thank you for your continued interest and support.
“Personal data” means any information that is collected or recorded in a form that may allow direct (e.g. surname) or indirect (e.g. phone number) your identification as a natural person.
This “Customer Personal Data Protection Policy” is a part of the terms and conditions that govern our hotel services. By accepting these terms and conditions, you explicitly accept the provisions of this Charter.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES DO WE COLLECT DATA?
We collect and use personal data in order to manage your relation with Naxos Finest and in order to offer our Services to you. Certain personal data are collected to provide you with personalized and improved services. We collect personal data with the following purposes:
a) Management of reservations and other hospitality services
- Creation and storage of legal documents in accordance with applicable law
- We collect data in order to prepare and meet requests relating to your stay (e.g. room preferences)
b) Management of your stay at the Hotel
- We manage the access to your room
- We monitor the use of services (mini bar, online room service, WiFi access etc.)
- We manage lists with customers’ personal data for operational purposes such as, e.g., daily customer arrival and departure lists and a list with special category customers (e.g. VIP, Privilege members, Club members, etc.)
c) Improvement of our hotel services
- In order to tailor our products and Services to better meet your requirements
- We process your personal data using marketing programs for marketing and promotional purposes, but also to better understand your requirements and wishes
- We provide you with useful information for offers or other promotional messages
- We inform you about special offers and new Services
- We provide customized content and suggestions based on previous activities with our Services
d) Management of our relations with you before, during, and after your stay
- Management of loyalty programs
- Management of customer databases
- We evaluate and analyze the market, our customers, our products and Services
- We create statistical data and reports
- We acquire knowledge and manage the preferences of new and recurring customers
- In order to send newsletters, promotion products and offers, or to contact you by telephone
- We manage requests for deletion from update lists
- We create and manage questionnaires and statistics
- We organize lotteries, contests and offers, to the extent allowed by law
e) Improvement of our Services
- We manage customers’ claims and complaints
- We offer loyalty program privileges
f) System security
- We record data to ensure security and to avoid fraud
g) Compliance with Greek and European law
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Information provided directly by you
A number of our Services provide the possibility to provide information directly to us. For example:
- Several of our Services allow users to create accounts or user profiles. In conjunction with these Services, we may ask you to provide certain details about yourself in order to set up your account or profile.
- When ordering a paid product or service from us, we may ask certain details for the processing of your order, such as your name, room details and billing data.
- When participating in an online or offline contest or promotional action organized by us, we may ask you for your name, contact details, email address, age and gender, personal and occupational interests, other personal characteristics, and your opinion of our products and/or services.
- Some of our Services allow you to communicate with other people. This communication will be transmitted through, and stored on our systems.
We are obliged to request the following details about you and/or your family members:
- Contact details (e.g. surname, given name, father’s name, passport number, ID-card details, telephone, home address, email)
- Personal data (e.g. date of birth, nationality, place of birth)
- Information on your children (e.g. given name, date of birth, passport number)
- Billing details (e.g. credit card number, VAT number)
- Loyalty program member number (member number for loyalty programs Naxos Finest or other parties, such as airline operators)
- Date of arrival and departure, flight number and room number
- Preferences and interests (e.g. non-smoking room, preferred floor, type of bed, sports, cultural interests)
- Medicine data about your health, such as medicine reports and certifications, medical test results, data on pathological diseases, etc.
- Questions and comments submitted during or after your stay in one of our Hotels.
The data we collect on persons under the age of 16 are restricted to given name, surname, nationality, and date of birth, and can be provided only by an adult / guardian. We thank you for your efforts to ensure that children do not send us personal data without your consent (especially through the internet). Should any information of this type be sent to us, you can communicate with the Data Privacy department to schedule the deletion of such information. Moreover, information such as your passport number, your recreational activities, your hobbies, any health issues that you may have, or whether you are a smoker or not, can be described as sensitive. We retain such information only if we are obliged to do so by applicable law or if you have explicitly given us your consent (e.g. in order to provide you with an appropriate Service, such as a special diet)
WHEN DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
We collect personal data in various cases, such as:
a) Hotel activities:
- Room reservation
- Check-in and payment
- Reservation of seat and/or use of hotel services, such as catering, spa, and recreational services
- Various requests, complaints and/or disputes
b) Participation in marketing programs or events:
- Registration in loyalty programs
- Participation in online and offline surveys
- Participation in contests
- Subscription to mailing lists, in order to receive offers and other promotions by email
c) Transmission of information from third parties:
- Tourist agencies, tourist offices, GDS reservation systems, online reservation systems (such as e.g. booking.com, expedia.com, etc.) and other reservation systems
d) Actions through electronic devices
- Connection to the WiFi network of our hotels
- Completion of online forms (e.g. reservation forms, precheck-in forms, satisfaction survey forms, etc.)
WHAT WE DO TO KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE
We have taken reasonable organizational and technical measures in order to protect the information that we collect in relation to our Services, especially with regard to any sensitive personal data that happen to be collected. Our IT department implements the international standards and practices in order to ensure the safety of the networks and the encryption of the data.
However, you should bear in mind that despite the reasonable measures that we take for the protection of your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is ever completely safe.
Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, mobile phone, or other device. They allow the entity who places these files on your device to identify you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing times. Cookies serve a range of useful purposes. For example:
- Cookies can remember your login credentials, so you do not have to enter them again each time you connect to a service.
- Cookies help us and third parties to understand what parts of our Services are the most popular; they help us see which pages and features are visited by the users, and how much time is spent on each. By studying this kind of information, we can better customize our Services and provide you with better experience.
- Cookies help us and third parties to understand which advertisements you have viewed, so that you do not receive the same advertisement each time you access the Service.
- Cookies help us and third parties to provide you with relevant content and advertisements by collecting information about your use of our Services and other websites and applications.
When you use a web browser in order to access our Services, you can make settings in your browser to accept all cookies, to reject all cookies, or to notify you when cookies are sent. Each browser is different. Refer to the “Help” menu of your browser in order to find out how you can change your cookie preferences. The operating system of your device may offer more control settings for cookies.
However, please note that certain Services may have been designed in order to work with cookies and that deactivating cookies may affect your ability to use these Services or a specific part thereof.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT
If you have any questions with regard to this policy or the protection and safety of data at Naxos Finest and our affiliates in general, please contact the Data Private Department at the following address:
Andrea Papandreou Street, 84300, Naxos, Greece
+306970134520 / firstname.lastname@example.org